DRYSUIT stockist in Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richlarkin

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all I'm looking to buy a new drysuit, one thats good enough to use when i go back home to the UK.
where is the best place to go in Houston.

Try Sea Sports Scuba in The Woodlands, just north of Houston. Ask for the manager,Jeff Cone (281) 3676664.

Rich, it would help if you would define "best". If best is deep discounting, don't go to Sea Sports. If best is name brand recognized worldwide with worldwide service, try Oceanic Ventures on Bissonet for 4th element or DUI. I'm sure you could get better pricing on 4th element at home, since they are made there. The Sea Sports website doesn't list their drysuit brands, although I know that they sell them, they may not stock what you need. Giggling Marlin also doesn't list the brands they sell, but they stock drysuits also. Maximum Scuba in Webster lists being a DUI and a Bare dealer, both fine drysuits. Whites drysuits get very good reviews and are owned by Aqualung. Sea Sorts is in fact an aqualung dealer. What is the "best" for you?

Sport Divers has some Whites Fusion and a few of the commercial suits in stock.
281-338-1611

Randy

+1 on Oceanic Ventures Inc., Houston's Premier Dive and Scuba Shop

Wookie sees plenty of brands on his boat and he recommends DUI and 4th element (take the advice)...and if you want to meet a great group of people in Houston swing by Oceanic Ventures they'll measure and make sure you get what you need, and they'll stand behind it 100% without any BS.

I just bought a rebreather (MEG) there. If you are looking to talk to intelligent people that are not pushy and are genuinely interested in getting you into something that fits your needs... swing by. A bunch of we patrons there will likely go to the next DUI dog days so come meet us. Even if you don't want to buy anything stop by anyway.

Tell Ann or Erik Skankpile sent you.. they will try to keep a straight face :eyebrow:

I have no opinion on where to buy if you want to do so in Houston, but I can say that the Whites Fusion is the best fitting, easiest self donning, most comfortable drysuit I have ever dove. It dives like a wetsuit.

My next drysuit will be a whites fusion..... unless they come out with a fusion II! :D

You'll like the whites fusion... until you try to repair it.

I'll dive a fusion when I decide to trade in my blue jeans for spandex. I'm sure some people really like it, I'm just not in that group of people. I cant imagine replacing p-valves, pockets, zippers, feet, or repairing a worn crotch in that fusion... IMO its a disposable suit after a few seasons.

thanks for the helpfull advice, Seasports scuba are getting some Whites drysuits in though i have seen mixed reviews.
:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom