M67 Adapter to a 5505.46 port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carl-Johan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Currently building my first DSLR-rig and need to mount Inon UCL165M67 on the new port. Is there any adapters made or any other ideas how this can be done?

Carl-Johan,

It appears this lens is designed primarily for use with point and shoot digital style housings. It would for example thread directly onto the Ikelite S95 lens port.

For a DSLR rig, you would need to use a lens with a 67mm thread diameter at the lens opening, or use a step-up ring for smaller diameter lens openings. You would then measure the fully extended lens length with the adapter attached from the camera body, and then select the appropriate length flat port: http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/slrport.html

There is no provision for mounting this lens to the outside of a DSLR lens port.

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Last edited:
Yeah, with DSLR, everything is mounted to the camera lens itself, not to the outside.

But can't you have a step up adapter for this filter (or a flat surface w/67mm cutout to mount this filer) and somehow velcro it to the front of the DSLR lens port?

The UCL-165 is a wet mounted lens that can be used with both DSLR's and compacts, just like the Subsee Magnifier and other brands. If mounting it inside the housing it will not work properly, it needs water in between the port. The whole point of a wet mounted lens is that it can be removed underwater, that way you are not stuck on supermacro for the whole dive.

Would be extremly good if Ikelite built in a female thread in all their ports in the future, lets say 77mm or whatever fits. Then step down rings can be used for all wet mounted lenses.

Subsee got an M67 adapter that also fits Ike ports but that one is 250$, looks like i have to build one myself.

A diopter correction lens will work above or below water.

I would just get a big magnifying glass and push it flat against the lens port. Hold the edge with rubber bands against the housing. If you get alot of chromatic and spherical aberration, maybe you can zoom in so the center of the lens is used.

A diopter correction lens will work above or below water.

I would just get a big magnifying glass and push it flat against the lens port. Hold the edge with rubber bands against the housing. If you get alot of chromatic and spherical aberration, maybe you can zoom in so the center of the lens is used.

Te UCL165 is a wet lens and will of course work in air but not as intended 6+, more like 4+ and therefore useless to me. Why would i use a crappy "one piece" lens when i got 2 high end multiple glass elements? How do you zoom a 105 which is a fixed lens:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom