Anti-DIR reg instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was just reading the donating the primary/disease transmission thread and it made me think of a kind of amusing line in the instruction manual that came with my reg. The reg is a Zeagle "Flathead VI", a favorite among dir-o-phytes as I understand.

Yet there's a sentence underlined, in bold with flashing arrows pointing at it that says:

"DURING ANY EMERGENCY, KEEP *YOUR* REG IN *YOUR* MOUTH!!!"

Interesting, huh?

doole once bubbled...
I was just reading the donating the primary/disease transmission thread and it made me think of a kind of amusing line in the instruction manual that came with my reg. The reg is a Zeagle "Flathead VI", a favorite among dir-o-phytes as I understand.

Yet there's a sentence underlined, in bold with flashing arrows pointing at it that says:

Interesting, huh?

I've said that for years...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You mis-understood the message. They refer to when you have an emergency.. not when your buudy has an Out of Air emergency... At least that's how I see it. If you ahve an emergecny of some sort - like, let's say, you need to puke... you should keep your regulator in your mouth, no doubt abotu it... but... when you are in control, and your diver need air, you should give him your primary, which shouldbe on a long hose... If your primary is on the short hose, then you're better off following the PADI procedure and give them your octo, which should be on a longer hose (that is if you don't have a Hogarthian setup)

Vomiting underwater is now an emergency?

When your buddy runs out of air do you not consider this an emergency now since it's not happening to you?

That sounds to me like, well..."Any Emergency"....

Before you get to the end of this sentance, my back up reg is already in my mouth (from my necklace) and I'm offering my long hose primary to my gasping buddy (if he/she hasn't yanked it already).

No brainer. Donate the long hose primary.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Before you get to the end of this sentance, my back up reg is already in my mouth (from my necklace) and I'm offering my long hose primary to my gasping buddy (if he/she hasn't yanked it already).

No brainer. Donate the long hose primary.

K

Are you so far separted from your buddy that proper buddy procedures are thrown out the door and he or she may just "yank" your primary out of your mouth? But you will remain calm unlike your buddy who has possibly "yanked" the primary out of your mouth and quickly and perfectly have your backup in your mouth? Okay........

No problem..

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

Are you so far separted from your buddy that proper buddy procedures are thrown out the door and he or she may just "yank" your primary out of your mouth? But you will remain calm unlike your buddy who has possibly "yanked" the primary out of your mouth and quickly and perfectly have your backup in your mouth? Okay........

No problem..

I think that, in this case, if you were prepared to donate your primary you would be in much better shape than the person who says they will donate their octo and have no idea where it may be, or even if it works at any given time. Seen that too many times.
Just a thought...

MD

doole once bubbled...

Interesting, huh?

Manuals are written by lawyers now, not people who actually use this stuff.

You're also a troll.

MD

doole once bubbled...

Interesting, huh?

Whats DIR? Does DIR recommend taking your reg out of your mouth in an emergency???

Thats seems a little odd???

Alas... scubaboard has no :troll: smilie...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom