Is there an Ikelite Blue Water Color Correction Filter for the Port 5503.50 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regi,

Sorry, but we do not make UR-Pro filters large enough to fit over the DSLR ports. You would need to use a lens screw-on filter. Only use the filter with available ambient light, not strobes.

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Thanks. If I buy a comercial filter for the lens, what would be the specifiaction or Color?

Also looks like the Canon Rebel T3i can have special filter settings and white balance..

Would that make same effect as using the UR-Pro Fileter?

Thanks again,
Reginaldo

Regi,

It's just called a red color correction filter (for use in blue water settings).

Since you are apparently not going to be using strobes, you might consider setting a manual/custom white balance and trying a "magic filter." Note that you should reset the white balance for each depth you will be shooting at. You can use a white slate, white sandy bottom, or even your hand. Check out the following links:

M A G I C - F I L T E R S

Magic Filter Review :: Wetpixel.com

The special/creative filter settings in the T3i are for use in post-procsessing "after the shot."

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Back
Top Bottom