Looking to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dantfarley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to purchase a Catalina 63 Cubic Aluminum Tank with Pro Valve
Delivered to my door via Leisure Pro is under $200 is this the best offer out there?

Thank you in advance to all that help in this reply :D

Also, AFAIK, they'd have to ship it empty, valve off, per DOT regs. In that case, you'd also have the expense of a VIP before a dive shop would fill it.

CATALINA 63 CF ALUMINUM TANK

The price is $150.

Not sure what shipping costs are, but I doubt it's $50. Some local shops have a real issue with buying online and charge for a vis on your shiny new tank. That is a shame that they are vindictive, but some shops are not this way. Guess it depends on the shop.

All tanks include a yoke valve and are also visually inspected(VIP), stickered, and filled to 500PSI prior to shipment - a $15 Value! Tanks shipped by air and those shipping internationally must be emptied prior to shipment - these tanks will require re-inspection prior to use. International customers using a freight forwarding must request tank to be drained when placing an order.

If they use UPS ground they do not need to have the valve removed. I have bought several tanks on line. Some from SB members and some from retailers. If they come with the valve off I do a quick visual and use my transfill whip to put a few hundred PSI in. That way I'm not taking an empty tank to get filled. Most new tanks are O2 clean and I only buy used ones froim people I know on here and trust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom