Sherwood Computers not available on DiveTraining.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomZ

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've returned to diving after decades out of the water. My LDS hooked me up with the recent promo on the Magnum/Avid/Profile combo, and my wife with the Magnu/Luna/Profile combo. We didn't receive much info during the OW PADI certification concerning dive computers. The manual that comes with the computer assumes a level of understanding that we don't have. DiveTraining.com seems like a good resource, but they have no Sherwood products listed. Is there a tutorial available for the Profile? If not, can Sherwood provide them with the necessary information/equipment to include Sherwood products on their tutorial database?

......The manual that comes with the computer assumes a level of understanding that we don't have. DiveTraining.com seems like a good resource...
Did you mean DiveComputerTraining.com?

.....DiveTraining.com seems like a good resource, but they have no Sherwood products listed. ........ If not, can Sherwood provide them with the necessary information/equipment to include Sherwood products on their tutorial database?
We have been discussing this with Sherwood for the past 2 years, but so far they have not yet "decided" (no $$ allocated) to include their products in our growing list of online classes.
I suggest you write an email to Sherwood directly.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I've returned to diving after decades out of the water. My LDS hooked me up with the recent promo on the Magnum/Avid/Profile combo, and my wife with the Magnu/Luna/Profile combo. We didn't receive much info during the OW PADI certification concerning dive computers. The manual that comes with the computer assumes a level of understanding that we don't have. DiveTraining.com seems like a good resource, but they have no Sherwood products listed. Is there a tutorial available for the Profile? If not, can Sherwood provide them with the necessary information/equipment to include Sherwood products on their tutorial database?
What we do is to tell the customer to go home and read the instruction manual of the computer and then come back to us at the store to go over anything that they do not understand.You purchased this at a LDS and they should offer you the service that you deserve.

What we do is to tell the customer to go home and read the instruction manual of the computer and then come back to us at the store to go over anything that they do not understand.You purchased this at a LDS and they should offer you the service that you deserve.

My LDS has offered to do this. Time demands being what they are, I thought a tutorial would serve me better, plus I could refer to it when needed.

I just sent this to Sherwood via their Website, Support link:

"I recently purchased two sets of Sherwood equipment: Avid/Magnum/Profile, Luna/Magnum/Profile. Never having used a dive computer before, the manual included with the Profile does not provide the level of understanding I desire. I found Dive Computer Training offers on-line tutorials for a variety of computers, but doesn't support Sherwood products. I've received information from eDive that they have been in contact with Sherwood for the last two years on this issue. In the absence of a Sherwood provided tutorial, it would be a great option to utilize the eDive training. It has been suggested I have my local dive shop where the equipment was purchased, provide me with the training. They have offered to do so, but having a tutorial that will simulate the underwater use of the computer, and the availability to review the material on my own schedule is very attractive. Thank you for your attention."

TomZ, Thank you for your purchases and your input. Yes, Dive Computer Training does a very nice job and is something we are looking at providing. Until then, please use the LDS as your path to learn more about the computer.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

I have recently purchased a wisdom 2 and agree with the above. I would like to see a tutorial that I could use at my own leasure.

I will second dive nav's site. First thing I did after getting my.predator was sign up for the class covering it. Except for the pdf manual that shearwater offers, every recreational computer manual I have looked at is maybe half a step above worthless. Too small.print, poorly organized, and looks like it was written by lawyers for engineers with law degrees. Going to the lds may work for some but often at 9pm when you want to set down and just play at figuring it out at your own pace, as I know many do that I talk to, the lds route just doesn't cut it. Since I now will offer computer classes through SDI, I have decided to only recommend computers to students that are supported on the dive nav site. It is a no brainer for an instructor.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

....... Since I now will offer computer classes through SDI, I have decided to only recommend computers to students that are supported on the dive nav site. It is a no brainer for an instructor.....
May I quote you in our next Newsletter? :blinking:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

---------- Post added April 18th, 2012 at 07:58 AM ----------

I have recently purchased a wisdom 2 and agree with the above. I would like to see a tutorial that I could use at my own leasure.
Send an email to Sherwood.
If enough customers keep asking maybe they will move forward with this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom