Toronto Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cuyler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm moving form the east coast to Toronto and would love to try diving close to my new home. I've only ever dove salt water and was hoping to hook up with a club that could show me the ropes of the area.

I suspect there are a ton of clubs in the GTA - any recommendations? I'm not looking for further instruction and although I don't mind paying for a charter really the most fun I've had diving is just when a bunch of folks go out for the fun of diving - not to make a buck.

Hiya,

I'm a newbie diver that just started diving Ontario this last summer/fall. I entered into the "ontario scene" with fresh eyes, and not knowing anyone in the diving community. But needing diving buddies! Some clubs and opportunities to look at include:

SUCI (Scarborough Underwater Club) HOME-PAGE
--- They are wonderful folks, and fairly active with monthly social meetings, and access to a pool. Their site has their dive trips for 2011 on it. They put together a nice package, and allow guest divers to join many of their dives, if you want to check them out.

Durham Divers (out of Oshawa). Durham Divers Scuba Club
-- I'm not a member (yet?), but they are active and have socials as well. They do several dive trips each year.

Fort Erie Underwater Recovery Unit. Fort Erie Underwater Recovery Unit & SCUBA Club
-- I sent these awesome folks an email the weekend before heading down to the Niagara river area looking for diving, and found myself on a Zodiac diving a fun wreck on the Sunday in Lake Erie. Awesome group, and they have a HQ on the Niagara river, with the ability to do tank fills.

There are some other groups too, Etobicoke has one, and I'm sure there are several in Toronto proper, I just happen to live on the far east side of town.

You could hit some of the scuba shops when you get here, they can give you a rundown on the active groups.

~~~J

Don't forget about the Mississauga Scuba Club. The majority of the local dives are in Humber bay park west and the rest are across Ontario.
Here is the website: Link

Another option is to join Ontario Diving which is like ScubaBoard but much smaller and geographically focused. There are many great people on that board and while many are members here as well, they spend most their time on Ontario Diving.

Another option is to join Ontario Diving which is like ScubaBoard but much smaller and geographically focused. There are many great people on that board and while many are members here as well, they spend most their time on Ontario Diving.

I try to register for that site, and it says my email address is "banned". I tried it with two different email addresses, same result. I know I tried a couple months ago, and had the same issue. There'd be no reason for my email to be banned there, I think the registration is dorked. You might mention that to the site admin.

J

I try to register for that site, and it says my email address is "banned". I tried it with two different email addresses, same result. I know I tried a couple months ago, and had the same issue. There'd be no reason for my email to be banned there, I think the registration is dorked. You might mention that to the site admin.

J

I know that there were major spam issues for a while, and it was coming from hotmail addresses. It may have something to do with that, if you are using a hotmail account.

ScubaSteve has mentioned it on the board.

There were also some issues last week, where the board was blocking Bell customers. That has been resolved, now. Let's hope we can get this figured out. :)

J

Drop me an email (kevin@indepthscubaservice.com) with your email address, IP address if possible, and the login name you wanted to use and I'll look into it from the administration side.

I haven't seen an email address being banned yet, but we had issue's with spammers and were forced to ban some ip groups to stop the attacks. A couple of GTA IP addy's were banned with them and yours could be one of these.

Kevin
OD Administrator

Sent to your email. Screen shots show all of the info you have asked for. Thank you.

Drop me an email (kevin@indepthscubaservice.com) with your email address, IP address if possible, and the login name you wanted to use and I'll look into it from the administration side.

Kevin
OD Administrator

I tried to join and got the same results.....my "gmail" email address banned. I sent the admin a message and hopefully it will be looked into.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom