Clearing a Sherwood CR2509

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to upgrade my Sherwood CR2509 ProFile dive computer and wanted to know if anyone knows how to clear the log history so that the new user does not have to scroll through my dive history to get to theirs. The manual is pretty vague about this option as understandably they do not want people going in and messing with the dive history due to the potential for DCS if nitrogen loading is not accurately accounted for. Since this will not be the case, I want to remove my data and let the new owner start fresh. I have about 22 dives logged on this computer and want to move to a wrist unit with wireless transmitter and more options. I do not have any dives planned for the next couple of months. Thanks for any input and help with this.

I wouldn't worry about that. The Sherwood Profile should bring up the most recent dive, so there will be no hassle for the new owner. I'm not even sure if the Clear (Reset) deletes the dive history. It may just reset the Nitrogen Loading History.

If the Manual is anything like my Insight's Manual, you'll find the procedure in the "Plan Setting" Section somewhere in the fine print.

Also I would just keep the Profile as a good backup computer. Sherwood makes wrist mounts if you don't want to clutter your BC.

You can yank the battery, but then you may need a new o-ring, and a seal check. This can also lead to a flooded computer. You would be better off just giving the buyer your history.

Back
Top Bottom