Dive Clubs in Halifax, Nova Scotia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverkim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know of dive clubs in Halifax? I'm new out here and trying to hook up with buddies.

don't know about clubs but there are a few Halifax divers on here that I would imagine will pipe in soon.

Welcome to the board:)

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
Of course, the map I consulted had no scale, so I have no idea how far this is. Happy hunting!

Thanks a lot kelpmermaid but Cape Breton is many hours driving from Halifax. I had found one mention of a dive club in Halifax on the net but I never got any response to my email inquiry about 3 weeks ago.

I hope to dive the waters in Cape Breton later though.

Hey...

I just saw this thread now that all the Canadian forums are in one spot. I'm sure that you must have found folks to dive with by now.
Torpedo Rays has a group that gets out regularly, or at least they used to. There is a chat group on Yahoo called east coast divers, EC divers, something like that, lots of local divers on there, they dive year round. My wife and I are out pretty much weekly, just shore stuff this time of year, we don't have a boat or anything. We usually scrounge around for old bottles and stuff in the winter. Feel free to give us a yell if you need someone to dive with, we'll be out all winter long....

dive safe..

chris

Here's one that I know of but I've never dived with them. Good luck. Enjoy your time in Halifax. It's a great city.

diverkim:
Thanks a lot kelpmermaid but Cape Breton is many hours driving from Halifax.
Take a good close look around their web site. There's a listig of dive clubs, including several in Halifax.

My wife and i dive through Torpedo Rays mostly. Staff is friendly and always very helpful. Look for the DIVEX coming in early april to Halifax. More info later this month as to place and times.

I figure I will revive this thread as I too am new in the Halifax area after moving down from Cape Breton. Of course I was born down this way but learned to dive up there. I have been out to Hubbards a few times but I am looking forward to the spring and summer to try out diving with Torpedo Rays. I like the sound of their Wednesday night dives. We didn't have anything regular in Cape Breton so I never got out that much.

Torpedo ray divers are very active, and have a great shop on Magazine Hill Rd , Burnside. Divers World are active, diving all year round. They have a smaller store,but also have a large commercial dive operation as well, they are in Lakeside. Splash Water Sports have a busy group, that also travels, large somewhat sparse store on Young St in Halifax. Nautalas Dive on Quinpool Rd, is very small, not sure if they still run a club or not. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom