Just something you might find interesting..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This subject needs more exposure in Asia than in N. America / Europe

As long as people are prepared to pay a lot of money for something like shark fins others will provide the product.

Pretty pathetic show of people too lazy to read.....Ramsey created one of the best videos on why NO ONE should eat shark fin soup, that has ever run on YouTube. Shame on those posters too lazy to watch, but happy to post in ignorance....TRY WATCHING THE VIDEO NOW

I see this as something different. Yes, he did eat the soup but how does that make him an enthusiast or a supporter of those that do and those that eat? He did it as part of finding out what it was all about. He describes it as a bland soup that has zero culinary value.

If you watch the full video, you can tell how horrified he is by what he's seeing on the boats and with the overall trade of the fins.

At the end of the video, he meets with a number of culinary powerhouses from China Town asking them to stop serving the soup in their restaurants. He forced them to sit through a video showing, first hand, the callous destruction of the sharks on the boats he was on.

So why vilify him? Why boycott him? I think he did a pretty bold thing by going to see the trade with his own two eyes and carrying back the truth. If you read a bit more about his adventure, it sounded like he almost got it some major trouble for trying to expose the truth.

I would be surprised, too, if his stature in the culinary world didn't carry some weight. Do you think a group from Greenpeace could easily get top chefs and restaurant owners to sit down and talk about shark fin soup being served in their establishments?

Watch the full video before making comments. Spend 12 minutes watching it and then decide if he deserves your vilification.

lol, ppl reads the headline and shoot before even pulling their gun out of their holster.

anyway, i don't know if i agree with him on the taste. It has a very slight taste. I see chefs going ga-ga over the taste of giant scallops, which eating it purely on its own flavor, does not have much taste either. Anyway, shark fin is one thing that could easily be given up and nobody will miss it. If status symbol was as easy to give up.

Such a terrible act to an endanger species.... The way they are so disgustingly finned makes me sick..

If you have the resources.... Support Gorden Ramsay's restaurants... at least he is trying to educate the world..

Gordon Ramsay US Restaurants

its sad the way we take care or don't take care of our world and believe we have the right to kill, destroy anything we feel like. but then again seeing this makes me want to destroy the people doing it... wonder what the common man can do from home to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom