ScubaPro Regulator Position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpwheeler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
After listening to a discussion about how a ScubaPro Reg., like a MK10, should go on the tank I figured I'd take a poll. Hose swivel up or down? What say you?

Down and canted to the right for best hose routing with long hose and bungeed alternate.

I point them down as well, and I don't see this as a right vs wrong question either. Set them up to work best for you. If you keep the tank low on your rig, maybe the up direction is best and so on.

I was taught to keep the swivel down on my MK25 but I cannot reach the reg hose this way so I have re-configured the hoses for up, haven't dove it yet though.

Mine's up - though mainly because that's how the shop sent it up when I bought it. They did ask me my choice though. -P

Down, the swivel must be weaker than the bottom of the reg and if the tank takes a tumble or you smash into an obstruction, I want the swivel underneath and protected...

Looks like down with a slight slant is the winner. Thanks for your input.

DW

Down (Mk 10 on single tank for rec diving). Since 1986. Reg hose exits the side of the 1st stage rather than the bottom (even though the bottom 5th port affords better flow). One BIG advantage of down is, the reg hose is less in the way when you reach back over your right shoulder with your right hand to reach your tank valve to open/close it. (One BIG advantage of having the reg hose exit the side of the 1st stage is, this makes it much easier to reach back over your right shoulder with your right hand to locate your reg hose and therefore your 2nd stage, if you should need to recover your 2nd stage.)

Safe Diving,

Rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom