Hollis SMS50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWSWine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Nick

What can you tell us about the SMS50 sidemount BC

Some of my questions are:
1. How much lift does have?
2. Can the wing be removed from the harness and if can could you mount on Razor style harness?
3. Where are the weight pockets located and type and amount of weight that they can carry?
4. When will they be in the LDS? I have my name one when they arrive at our local LDS.
5. I understand the MSRP will be in the 550.00 range?

I currently dive the UTD 20lbs Z-Trim and I think you guys are going to have hit with this one.

The only information I have is from the prototype I saw at DEMA and what the reps said - so take it all with a large gran of salt.

1 23lb.
2 Nope - the prototype didn't even have a way to get at the bladder for repairs.
3 There where three - one at the center top of the harness on the outside, two under the wing about half way down toward the edges on ether side - just a guess 5lb or so each pocket, the top pocket was larger than the others so maybe a bit more there.
4 No idea
5 That is what the rep said too.

Louis

first, grammar. holy crap, not sure how old you are or if english is your first language, but dear lord, conjunctions anyone?
If you already have a UTD Z-trim, why would you want this on top of it? Not saying it's a bad piece of equipment, but that seems a little silly to have something that is near identical. I mean, sure it has a butt plate. but you can put a double D-ring for under counterlungs on the tailplate and get basically the same thing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom