Which is better? Nikon Coolpix L24 or Sealife DC 1400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darol

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Which is better and why? I have a DC500 and need to update.

Hi looked at the specs for nikon l24 doesn't have any underwater setting for the camera where the dc1400 does.

Thanks Shayne....

Darol. I have a nikon L22 in a ikelite case. (,simular to the L24 ) Good quality pics without strobes.useing the diffuser and a cloudy white light setting. Only complaint is the lens ring shows on 35 mm setting. I had a DC 1200 and did not like the resuls with their underwater programing. I have some sample pics in the SB gallery taken with the L22

The Coolpix line does really good if you use the manual white balance. DC1200 was a pretty good cam also, even had manual white balance. I would suggest skipping the water settings and read more into the manual. Kind of a toss up, but I do like being able to replace my cam with one from wally world when I flood it on a trip.

That's an easy question to answer.. it depends whose hands the camera is in! - Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom