Certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobyPat

Reaction score
Whoo hooo. :party:

I finally completed my last 2 OW check-out dives today at Dutch Springs, PA and I loved it. I was a little bit worried, because I experienced some sinus bleeding due to a cold after yesterdays check-out dives, but today everything went very well.

Went down to 25ft to fin around the platform and do some excercises and later descended to 61ft. I started my classes four weeks ago (7 confined dives and 4 open) and I am really happy with my instructor and the PADI certification. The manuals on DVDs were really helpful and comprehensive and I never felt insecure or uncertain what I am doing.

I can't wait for my next dive and try to get back next weekend. And cross my fingers that this winter will be a mild and short one to start AOW ...and make many more friends :cuddle:

Congrats!:)

I just got my OW back in June while waiting around at the mob station. I haven't been able to again since they don't like to let us off base very much. I'm working on a plan to sneak out and go diving with some of the contractors here though. I think it would be cool to get to dive in the Gulf while I'm here. Its out of my league for now but you can see wrecks in the water when we fly around.

Congrats on opening up a whole new lifestyle!

ScoobyPat once bubbled...
Whoo hooo. :party:

I finally completed my last 2 OW check-out dives today at Dutch Springs, PA and I loved it.

Hey ScoobyPat congrats! I just got my OW, AOW and Nitrox certs. over the last part of the Summer/Fall. Now I just want to go out and dive! AOW was worth it, a chance to dive more for me and learned some good skills. Watch that sinus stuff, I squeezed my ears on OW (some sinus going on, if not for OW dives should have bailed but I thought it was not serious, I was wrong) and it took over 3 weeks to heal (fluid inside eardrum). Pay attention to your body's warning signs and dive safe!

Yea, I definitely want to go for my AOW, but probably not before spring next year. However, I may want to get my dry suit cert in a few weeks.

Diving is certainly a fascinating sport. I was reeeaaally nervous before my first open water dive (visibility, fish nibbling on me, running out of air, cold etc etc), but once you decend and get comfortable it is... beyond words. Suddenly you feel relaxed, breathe calmly and forget all you worries - almost like yoga :wink:

The second dive was much more nerve-wrecking, because I had to decend right to 61 feet into the pitch black. At first a very odd feeling and a little "Boo hoo, I am never going to get down", but once you're down, everything is just fine.

I LOVE IT!

I was OW certified in July and have been diving ever since. I love it! Welcome to a whole new world!

Have fun, think and be safe!

:spider:

I finally completed my last 2 OW check-out dives today at Dutch Springs, PA

I know it's a little off topic, but how were the water temps at Dutch? I may try to do a dive up there before it gets too cold...

The key to success is making them come true.
New Diver!
Congratulations
Do you know what was the water temperature at Dutch Springs?

washow88 once bubbled...
Do you know what was the water temperature at Dutch Springs? [/B]

It was about 70 air, 60 surface and I'd say mid-forties at 60 ft. (hit one themocline) - beautiful day!

BTW You didnt dive with a cold and subsequently generate a nose bleed did you?? Anyhow, shine up that visa....every single purchase is "life support" from here on out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom