I Need A Surge Protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After returning from Morro Bay, I was still in nudi hunting mode. Merry and I headed for Marineland this morning, but the poor vis made us change our plan. We dropped near Abalone Cove, but found near zero visibility on the bottom.
We try to keep our boat from getting that familiar moldy boat smell, so we don't allow wet gear inside the pilot house. This meant having to get out of our suits after a six minute dive.
We headed back toward Redondo Beach where we saw flat seas and decent vis earlier in the day. I thought I would stop and check out Christmas Tree Cove on the way. We could see at least twenty feet down the kelp, so we donned our gear again and jumped in again.
We had about fifteen feet vis, but the surge knocked us around like Mike Tyson. I had a difficult time trying to shoot macro while getting pummeled. I came away from an hour dive with five photos.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

By the time we got back around to the west side the vis was not as great as we had hoped, but it still looked inviting. The surface was flat and the kelp was standing straight, so we were relieved to avoid the surge we experienced earlier. No such luck. Each time I was ready to push the shutter I would be pushed and pulled around. We only made two shallow dives, but Merry said she was exhausted by the time we got home.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I wish I needed an excuse to only shoot photographs that good . . .

[video]http://www.maniacworld.com/trying-to-climb-a-ladder-with-flippers.html[/video]

Polyerca atra at Flat Rock? Great find! What is the purple anemone featured in the 4th shot at CTC?

Awesome California Cone shots as well. Excellent Series!

Did Merry come back with any keepers?

Polyerca atra at Flat Rock? Great find! What is the purple anemone featured in the 4th shot at CTC?

Awesome California Cone shots as well. Excellent Series!

Did Merry come back with any keepers?
It was a tiny proliferating anemone, about 1/4" diameter.
Merry came home with the Indian bowl. I found it partially buried in the sand in 35 feet.

FlatRock1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom