Bladefish buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ID diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Bladefish. In fresh water the Bladefish is negatively buoyant even if you clip on the two floats that come with the Bladefish. Has anyone made a modification to their Bladefish to make it neutral? If so, I would be really interested how you did it. I would also like to hear from someone who has used the Bladefish in salt water. Is the Bladefish still negatively buoyant?

Thank you for your input.

It sinks like a stone!!

Hello,

I have a Bladefish. In fresh water the Bladefish is negatively buoyant even if you clip on the two floats that come with the Bladefish. Has anyone made a modification to their Bladefish to make it neutral? If so, I would be really interested how you did it. I would also like to hear from someone who has used the Bladefish in salt water. Is the Bladefish still negatively buoyant?

Thank you for your input.

I have the old school model without any additional buoyancy and it's negative. Later they added those floaty things but the newest models have a new detachable float system (scroll down for pic: BladeFish) though I haven't used it.

I thought I would try this one more time. Has anyone played around with the Bladefish buoyancy? How about the new Bladefish buoyancy "pads", any experience?

I bought one last month in Florida. Mine came
with the 2 floats. It floats in both fresh and salt water. I love it for the weight. But for power, well. Most of the replys on this board are right. But it does work for me well. You might get a little over a mile per hour out of it with scuba gear, but I'm a big guy (240 lbs)

I bought one last month in Florida. Mine came
with the 2 floats. It floats in both fresh and salt water. I love it for the weight. But for power, well. Most of the replys on this board are right. But it does work for me well. You might get a little over a mile per hour out of it with scuba gear, but I'm a big guy (240 lbs)

The 2 floats you received; are they the foam floats or the newer plastic snap on floats?

I have a blade fish 5000 and it is slight positive or near neutral in salt water. I use the floats and a clip cord and tie it to a d ring so it floats out of my way when I look for shark teeth. My floats are foam.

Back
Top Bottom