Suunto Vyper battery change in Central Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vmsgeek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I'll be in the Clearwater/St. Pete area later this week, and will need to replace the battery on a Suunto Vyper. Any recommendations for a shop that can get this done in the area? What should I expect the cost to be?

Thanks!

This is easily done by yourself, page 59 section 5-5 explains how to do this. Buy the 3 V lithium battery from the local Walmart and have fun.

Total cost: ~$5
Time invested: ~15 minutes depending how far Walmart is from where you are.

This is easily done by yourself, page 59 section 5-5 explains how to do this. Buy the 3 V lithium battery from the local Walmart and have fun.

Yeah, like he said. And here's the YouTube Vyper Battery Change.

The first time I changed the battery I didn't have the battery change kit with spare o-ring. I just made sure it looked good and reused the o-ring with a light coat of silicon grease. I mention this because it sounds like you're under time constraints.

But you can find those battery change kits on Ebay, just search: suunto vyper battery

If this helps anyone then give me a "Like." I never get any. Thanks :D

Its super easy to do it yourself but its also super easy to flood it yourself too. May want to look into Calypso Divers in tampa- they will give you a guarentee against flooding.

Its super easy to do it yourself but its also super easy to flood it yourself too. May want to look into Calypso Divers in tampa- they will give you a guarentee against flooding.

Thanks. I looked them up, it's a good 50 minutes (according to google maps) from where I will be. A place closer to Clearwater/Palm Harbor would be better, if not I guess I can drive out to Calypso.

Thanks.

If you are going to pay to have it done, try and find someplace closer. In FL I would think you can find a Scuba shop within 15 minutes, but maybe not...

If you have to travel 45+ minutes see if you can find a place with a pressure tester. A good watch repairman would have one and so should a good scuba shop. If you are planning on waiting while this is done, make sure the shop is aware as some of them send away for service. Its an easy replacement, but that does not mean it will be done while you wait or even on site.

Total cost: ~$5
Time invested: ~15 minutes depending how far Walmart is from where you are.

12 minutes drive, but they didn't have the CR2450 battery. Maybe Radio Shack will. I'll try tomorrow.

12 minutes drive, but they didn't have the CR2450 battery. Maybe Radio Shack will. I'll try tomorrow.

Or like LowVizWiz said, try Walmart if they're closer, cause they should carry the battery. Maybe give 'em a call first.

Yeah it's good to learn the DIY way, so when/if your dive computer goes south, you can just fix it yourself and keep diving. I have a good tool kit with spares of various dive gear. I've helped other ppl keep things running when theirs' failed.

Or like LowVizWiz said, try Walmart if they're closer, cause they should carry the battery. Maybe give 'em a call first.

That was Walmart. They don't carry it, they didn't even have a price tag for it on the shelf, and they don't keep it in stock in the jewelry department. It doesn't look like the CR2450 is a watch battery, in fact.

Try CVS or Walgreens that's where I normally get mine. It may even be closer than Walmart :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom