Zeagle Express Tech - Comfortable for Women? Cold Water Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Kim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a female standing at 5ft 8'' and 135 lbs. I live in Okinawa, Japan so most of my diving is done in a 3mm (winter) and skin suit (summer). I am interested in buying the Zeagle Express Tech but have concerns about comfort.

To any female divers out there using this system - Do you have any comfort issues with this system? Specifically:
1.) Does the waist harness dig into your hips at all?
2.) Are the shoulder straps too wide?

My planned set up will include:
(1) Zeagle Express Tech
(1) Express Tech Pad Kit
(1) 1 inch crotch strap
(1) Zip Touch Weight System
(1) Zip Mount Adapter System
(1) 1 Set of Utility Pockets

To any cold water diver out there using this system - How do you like it? Pros/Cons?

I plan to dive off the southern coast of California and temps can get down to 50 F. In these conditions I am normally wearing a 7mm suit with a hood and I'm carrying about 20 lbs of weight. I am wondering if the wing is big enough on this system to use with these conditions.

Thanks very much for your help!

Kim, I have two female students using the Express Tech and they love it. The harness softens up in the water and with a suit or even skin you will not even notice it. I have one myself and use it in the pool with no exposure protection other than my swim trunks. If you are going to get one for use in colder water order it with the larger 30 or 35 lb wing. I use mine with a 5 mil and need only 12 lbs with a steel 95 that I have set up with an xs scuba weight pocket on each cam band. I also prefer a weight belt over some type of integrated system. You do not need the pad kit. Save your money. And forget the 1 inch crotch strap. A 2 inch made of soft nylon webbing is much more comfortable. And you can make your own with a couple metal or plastic slides and $5 worth of soft nylon webbing from any fabric store.

My set up and review of the system I use is here:Zeagle Express Tech Buoyancy Compensator Review

I am adding the larger wing this week in fact due to diving with heavy steel tanks. Before you go spending money on the weight system I advise trying it with a belt and the cam band weight pockets. It has no inherent buoyancy of it's own to speak of and you may find you do not need as much weight.

And for pockets to store stuff in seriously consider adding them to your suits on the thighs. Much more useful and easier to access.

Back
Top Bottom