Dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me google that for you
/jackass remark

Sorry, couldn't help myself. There are a few there to choose from. Are you going to be any place in particular or are you just going to be passing through? Are you looking for a place to book a dive through or rent gear?

In October I visited Atlantic Pro Diver Jacksonville and Savannah Scuba Dive Shop in Jacksonville, FL north of Orlando. My son and I went out on Native Diver II for a two tank dive. Nice people there.

Going to Orlando staying in Kissimmee with the family for 3 weeks was thinking of diving at the devils den but at the mo I only have padi ow so not sure if it's suitable? But wanted to get some gear as its cheaper than the uk.

Gotcha. Just keep in mind that what you buy here has to go back, so depending on what you buy, it might cost more to bring it back with you. At any rate, there are quite a few dive shops in the greater orlando area and along the way to Devils Den. Devils Den does have a dive shop attached to it. I use Scuba Ozzy Diving in Tavares, FL. Not sure if that would be on your drive up to Devils Den or not, though. Devils Den is actually considered an open water dive because the majority of the dive has no overhead environment below the water line. There are a couple of swimthroughs that are considered an overhead environment but they don't prohibit you from going in. You can take that or leave it as you wish. Either way you'll enjoy the experience as there isn't much like it anywhere else. You can find more info on devils den here as well as some other springs in the North-Central Florida area.

When are you coming to Florida? If you need some folks to go diving with and the timing is right, I'd love to go.

More info on Devil's Den. I've done a couple of dives and enjoyed the experience. I doubt I'll rush back given I live near the ocean, but if I am in the area on other business, I'd stop by for a dive.

Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Devil's Den of Florida, USA East

I think Diver's Direct has a location in Orlando.... I shop at their WPB site.

I would suggest Dayo Scuba

If you're going there in the winter, consider the manatee snorkel at Crystal River. If you don’t get to Florida much, it is a unique once in a lifetime thing to try. It is not far from Orlando, and is something that even the non-divers in your family can enjoy.

I dove with American Pro last Christmas. They have a trip where you snorkel a bit, then go back to the boat and gear up for a short easy one-tank dive in some caverns below the manatees. I had no problems being only OW at the time.

I went last year around Christmas. At least 50 manatees approached and swam around. My parents came along just for the boat ride. When I was swimming back, I noticed my mother messing around with a rope that was dangling in the water. She later said that she was playing tug-o-war with a manatee next to the boat.

:cheers:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom