Well, it wasn't actually diving but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
it might have been the next best thing. I spent a good part of Saturday talking with folks about various challenges facing our marine environments,
scuba diving, and some of the things we can do to help even if we are landlocked and far from a coast. I represented the Texas Marine Educators
Association at the Conference for the Advancement of Science Teaching (CAST) in Dallas. I presented three workshops, each with about 50 high school
science teachers in attendance. It was great fun to see their reactions to photos, video, and some concepts that might have been new to them
regarding the oceans. I'm thankful for science educators who are always looking for current information to use in their classrooms in order to build
interest and keep their subjects exciting. As I said, it wasn't exactly like getting wet, but I found it rewarding and it helped to scratch the diving
itch...somewhat.

What are some venues you use to spread to others a little about what you have learned while diving?

I have given lectures on the Red Sea to various Natural Historical Societies when I lived in Saudi (86-97), this was always good fun, and in days of slide film required a lot of preparation compared to now when all of the photos can be on a simple memory stick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom