T-Day Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reck Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
According the the Lake Worth Pier weather station, Light west winds, water temp 78 d. Should be great tomorrow. Will be out looking for Gags and Bugs tomorrow am.
Anyone else going to be out there?

I went out with Sea Experience and dove the Mercedes and a shallow reef tract with 2 pals.
The wind was just starting to come from the North-Northeast when we were going out.
The current on the wreck was ripping hard from North to South.
I shot a 22" Hogfish (the smartest fish in the sea) on the wreck.
We then moved to the shallows we whacked a dozen or more stinkin' Lion Fish and caught 6 bugs.
There were 2 shorts and so we only brought up 4 of the bugs.
It was definitely picking up with wind and waves at the end of the 2nd dive and we had a following sea pushing us in on the way back into Port Everglades.
50'+ viz on the wreck and the reef.
My computer says it was 78 degrees water temp.

Chug
Liked Sea Experience very much today as the crew was excellent and so was the company of divers I was with.

We were off North Delray. Flat seas and calm winds early on. 78 degree water on November24th! Not a whole lot of boats out, though I heard it was crowded on wednesday. Dove two tanks. No current at all. Took a bit of swim up the reef but finally found the bugs. Pretty easy to limit, just had to pick through the shorts. Didn't see any shooter size grouper, but did see a few nice hogs. I am going to bring the gun next time. Shortly after 10 am the wind swung around out of east and was blowin 15-20. Back in by noon and had a thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat.

Ditto on the winds and water temps down in dania at the erojacks. Nice going early on but winds shifted and picked
up a bit and viz dropped quite a bit during my dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom