Question about this equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milkpower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone, I need some price quote help. Since I don't have any knowledge about these equipment, I would appreciate if you guys can tell me how much they worth. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6322.jpg
    IMG_6322.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6323.jpg
    IMG_6323.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6326.jpg
    IMG_6326.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6327.jpg
    IMG_6327.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6329.jpg
    IMG_6329.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6330.jpg
    IMG_6330.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6331.jpg
    IMG_6331.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6332.jpg
    IMG_6332.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 61
I need some price quote help. Since I don't have any knowledge about these equipment, I would appreciate if you guys can tell me how much they worth.
The answer depends on whether you are a buyer or a seller, and for what purpose you intend to use this gear. If you are a buyer, and want to use this gear for diving, it is worth very little - $25 just for the fun of trying out something unusual. If you are a buyer, with a collection of vintage gear, then it might be worth more - $50 - simply because you won't see this kind of gear available very often. If you are a seller, of course it is worth its weight in gold, either because it is a) 'simple, reliable and bullet-proof' or 'tried and true', or b) a 'rare and valuable piece of our scuba heritage'. :wink:

This is 'mature' gear. In fact, the Nemrod Saturn regulator has been described elsewhere as 'antique' (New & Used Scuba Dive Gear - Antique Regulators: Nemrod - Discount Divers Supply). That doesn't mean it is not fully functional, by the way. Vintage enthusiasts would probably tell you both the exciting history, and joy of servicing, gear like this.

For further information, check an earlier SB post in the vintage equipment forum:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/vintage-equipment-diving/386967-nemrod-saturn-regulator.html

Not much. Maybe twenty bucks to use as a display.

Value not much, usefulness and quality a lot.

The answer depends on whether you are a buyer or a seller

thanks alot Colliam. Well, I got these from my uncle, and I'm short on cash for Christmas gift, thats why I want to sell these.
Just another quick question, if I want to get into this hobby, how much am I looking to invest for beginner gear(second hand) ?

It depends on what piece you are talking about. If we are discussing the BC, then I agree with Colliam and Captain.

The BC is likely servicable, Seatech made some nice gear. The inflator will likely need servicing ( a couple of Orings) but I would bet money it will otherwise work fine. It's value is in the $20 range.

The regs are another matter. One with the yellow second stage is a US Dvier Royal. These are not too common but share the same internal parts as the Conshelf (other reg) and the Titan. It is compeltely servicable and a solid regulator. It's value is somewhere in the $25ish range. Getting it serviced may be a little difficult because a lot of shops don't want to mess with it but parts are easy for a AL dealer to get (it uses the same parts kit as the next reg).

The second reg (with the Nemrod second) is a USD/AL Conshelf. It is a solid, dependable regulator. The parts are still available (first stage kit is part # 90000-01 and is the same as the Royal above). The Nemrod second may be difficult to get serviced but the rest of it is older but still great equipment. It's value in also in the $25-35 range.

If it were mine, this is what I would do.
Check over the BC and service the LP inflator yourself if you are mechanically inclined. If it holds air, dive it.
I would swap the yellow second stage onto the Conshelf in place of the Nemrod and have it serviced. You will have a solid reg that will last you for years to come.
The Royal with the Nemrod I would do 1 of 2 things with it. IF you can find a dealer to service it (or better yet learn to do it yourself) then I would swap the Nemrod second for a different one and then have it serviced. You can keep it as a backup or second regulator. OR sell it on ebay and use the cash for parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom