Suunto Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with a company that used them and had no problems. I wasn't changing any settings (like for NITROX), though.

I thought it was a pretty good computer.

It's pretty easy to figure out, though you will definitely want to spend a fair amount of time understanding what all of the symbols mean. You could get yourself into serious trouble if you don't know what to do if you wind up in deco.

The manual for my Sherwood Insight breaks 50 pages........

I toyed around with my buddy's Zoop and found navigating it relatively easy. Didn't even have to read the manual.
The symbols however are what got me stumped. Keep reviewing your manual and playing around with your Zoop and I'm sure you'll find your stride.

It's pretty easy to figure out, though you will definitely want to spend a fair amount of time understanding what all of the symbols mean. You could get yourself into serious trouble if you don't know what to do if you wind up in deco.

Boardndave makes a good point. Since we normally dive non deco when the computer goes into deco and you've never seen it you could be in trouble. The Zoop has no built in simulator, so I also suggest you take the Zoop DiveNav course.

Adam

Suunto Zoop is an excellent computer albeit the basic level one. As others have mentioned learn the symbols and watch the video :)

BTW the manual for the aircraft I am learning to fly at the moment (Aeroprakt A22) is 47 pages

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom