From the Desert to Mola Molas on the Barge.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This one's for you, Frank!

We were certain the mola molas would have left the barge by the time we returned to L.A. and finally got in the water. Not so! They were warily present throughout the entire dive, and probably annoyed by our intrusion. Here are my hasty shots. Had it not been so late, we would have made a second dive and had another go at them!

Twomolamolas800DSC_0542.jpg

Molamola800DSC_0543.jpg

Molaleaving800DSC_0544.jpg

That's what I'm talking about! Awesome Merry! Very cool you were able to capture two of them in one frame. How large were these individuals?

Adjusting for UW magnification, I'd guess they were 16-20 inches actual-size. Initially, 3 molas lined-up in a perfect shot right next to me; a more proficient photog would have captured it. Since they spotted me, there was only time to make one setting change and leave the strobes where they were. The way they appeared here and there during our dive made me wonder if there weren't quite a few beyond the vis, waiting for us to leave.

Back
Top Bottom