Steel tanks, what diameter bungee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwbrewer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What diameter bungee is everyone using for their Razor style harnesses and steel tanks? With aluminum 80's it seemed that the 1/4" stuff was just fine, but when diving HP100's last night it was clear that the 1/4" wasn't string enough. Thinking about stepping up to 5/16", but maybe I should go all the way to 3/8"? I tried 1/2" at one point but it seemed WAY too thick and hard to stretch.

Anybody have some good suggestions?

Jake

Aren't steel tanks a bit much for a razor anyway?

EDIT: nevermind. I should have read your whole post before replying.

We have found 5/16" to work great for all tanks when using the UTD Z-Side-Mount System. Obviously Z-Trim (20lbs) is for 1 or 2 Aluminums and Z-Plus (30-50lbs) for steel and multiple tanks. If you are interested in testing it, let me know and I will get one sent out ASAP - No charge of course.

Costa Haramis
costa@utdequipment.com

We have found 5/16" to work great for all tanks when using the UTD Z-Side-Mount System. Obviously Z-Trim (20lbs) is for 1 or 2 Aluminums and Z-Plus (30-50lbs) for steel and multiple tanks. If you are interested in testing it, let me know and I will get one sent out ASAP - No charge of course.

Costa Haramis
costa@utdequipment.com

E-mail sent!

Thanks Costa for the 5/16 bungee, worked great, tanks nice and tight in my armpits. Unfortunately it was pretty dark and the video didn't show up very well.

Mcainiac, after my dive last night, using 2x steel HP100's, I can state with certainty that no, it's not too much for a razor style harness (mine is not a razor or a Z, but it's a clone I made out of 1/4" ABS). I would NOT try it with an MSR bag or the little Z-trim, but with the larger Z-trim, or the razor 2 wing it should be fine. (My wing is some thing I made, kind of a cross between the two)

Jake

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom