Computer strap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanshin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I imagine the enormous strap on my computer is not so that I can attach it to my thigh but in case I put it over a drysuit or somesuch.

What do you do with the enormous strap when you dive in warm water? Taping it every dive seems a hassle. Should I cut it two or three "holes" beyond what I use?

I cut mine and left maybe 3 or 4 holes extra

Not sure what computer you have but you may be able to Bungee Mount it. Bungees are a lot easier to get the computer on and off.

DSS-60004-BT-2.jpg
Wrist_Straps_Bands

If you know what exposure protection(s) you'll be using you can then try it out with the thickest one and cut it to size there. If it's still too long when you're diving warm just tuck the excess back into the little slide keeper.

If however you see no drastic change in your exposure protection for the near future then cut it just enough so the strap isn't blocking your display.

Keep in mind however that gloves can change your required strap length drastically. For warm water my computer is closer to my wrist, but in cold water my gauntlet style gloves forces me to ride my computer higher on my forearm this plus my thicker exposure protection means I need much more strap.

If you don't want to cut the strap I've seen people put a small rubber band on it and slide the excess under it or cut a piece of Velcro and do the same...But go to DSS's website and check their bungee mounts...Easier to put on/take off and adjustable to what ever suit you wear...One time set-up and you're done.....

I'll cut the strap and buy a bungee mount sooner than dive in cold waters. Perfect solution.

Thanks. :)

I just double back the excess in the loop provided - it's a tight squeeze. However, I have seen people wearing theirs on their bicep too - so I haven't cut mine yet because I wonder if I might change my mind later.

Back
Top Bottom