Easy Tank Strap from Scuba Solutions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EVOIXMR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I saw this new tank strap the other day and just had to try it out, since my Zeagle Ranger straps were kinda difficult to get on sometimes exactly how i like them.

It's called Easy Tank Strap from Scuba Solutions USA.
It uses a snowboard type binding mechanism to tighten down on the tank..

It took all of 8 seconds to remove from an old tank and put the bc on a new tank.
I absolutely love this thing.
Didn't have to take regs off before doing it either.
It's a little pricey just for a tank strap, but let me tell you how much easier it is.
Every BC should come with these..
I wish i would've known about these a long time ago.
No more struggling to get the tank situated just right.
check it out if you get a chance, it's worth every penny, at least to me..

Scuba Solutions USA, LLC - Home

youtube video - [video=youtube;InwE2ZZif0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwE2ZZif0Y[/video]

It looks like a wonderful line trap to me.

I thought the same thing, and to be honest my old zeagle ranger straps were more of a line trap than these are.
But after trying it out, you can slide the buckle end around so it wont get caught on anything.

Yes they were introducing them at DEMA this year and boy, talk about 'building a better mousetrap!' Really first class, simple to use, reliable, and I trust you'll see all sorts of variants of this product popping up in most of the major manufacturers lines soon!

I have two.of them on my new HOG 23lb wing and al plate. Not in the water yet with them though. My only problem with them was the minimum order required. It seems that only mfg will be able to do 200 of them at a time. If they dropped that I can see lots of shops picking them up. They need to rethink their business model. Doing some checking will likely result in finding the components on line and diy guys making their own.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I love my xs scuba bands - just one SNAP and they are on like grim death. Stainless steel hardware, too. No plastic junk to wear out, crack, or break.

Not sure why they would only allow a minimum order like that..
It would definately help orders from shops if they lowered or did away with that..
They could just buy them seperately like i did, but wouldn't get dealer pricing i suppose.

I've seen the xs scuba ones and after seeing this one, i'd pick the scuba solutions one, but thats just me..

When the younger guy brought it by the booth he indicated there was no minimum. I understood that to be for dealers to get dealer pricing. When I went and bought two at what I thought was dealer cost I mentioned to the older gentleman that I was seriously thinking of placing an order after the show to sell them on my website since there was no minimum. That is when he said there is a minimum - 200 units. That is mfg territory to me. It would mean that dealer pricing then would be more than what I paid for them at the show. If I wanted to sell them at the same price they do on their site my margin would be seriously hit. By the time shipping ws figured in on the say 8-10 units I'd get to try it and see how it sold, I'd be losing money.

I thought the same thing, and to be honest my old zeagle ranger straps were more of a line trap than these are.

But after trying it out, you can slide the buckle end around so it wont get caught on anything.

I don't see that at all. In order to work the cam, you need to have access to it. Sliding it around to the side would prevent operation of the cam. In order to work the cam, it seems that it must expose the line catch.

Can you show a photograph of how it would be configured so as NOT to allow line to get wedged into the mechanism?

I looked at it for only a few moments at DEMA and quickly concluded that it would represent an unnecessary hazard.

Back
Top Bottom