Hotels in Islamorada or Key Largo in late December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vmsgeek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Kinda late to be planning this I realize, but recommendations for hotels in Islamorada or Key Largo will be most appreciated. We expect to be diving with Key Dives, proximity to them would be preferred but this close to the holidays beggars can't be choosers.

This would be for arriving on the 26th and leaving on the 28th, give or take a day or two either way...

I have had good luck with the Key West Inn and recommend it. We had an unpleasant experience with the Bayside Inn and will not return there under any circumstances. Have a great time in the Keys!

I've stayed at Ocean Pointe a couple of times. The units are actually individually owned condos but rent out by the night or week. I got a two bedroom (which includes a kitchen and living room) with was much cheaper than renting two separate hotel rooms elsewhere

Key Largo Hotels & Resorts | Ocean Pointe Suites | Tavernier & Florida Keys Oceanfront Resorts

I've also stayed at the Bayside Inn that Carobinsonvic does not like though it has been at least a year since I've been there. I always had a reasonable experience but it definately is not the Taj Mahal, but it is not priced like the Taj Mahal either. Generally speaking, I spend very little time at any hotel while in Key Largo: its diving, and then on to dinner/beverages, then arrive at the hotel and sleep, get up the next day and repeat. The Bayside Inn is a fairly typical Keys non-flagged hotel that was cleaner than many of the others I've stayed at.

Finding a really nice and clean but affordable hotel in Key Largo is not easy.

Finding a really nice and clean but affordable hotel in Key Largo is not easy.

Well, this will be a diving little side trip while visiting family in Tampa. Clean and safe for a fair price was the criteria, we're looking to spend as much time in the water as possible. I found a room at a Days Inn not far from Key Dives for $167/night, given other prices I saw in that area for that period (the week between Christmas and New Year) it seemed like a fair price. The reviews I found were mostly positive.

I guess we'll find out.

I spent a week there 6 or 7 Decembers ago. It was a basic hotel room that was clean, safe and convenient to Key Dives. At the time, I spent a lot less than $ 167 a night though. I recall weather cancelled a couple of dives days. Have a great trip and post a report when you get back.
Well, this will be a diving little side trip while visiting family in Tampa. Clean and safe for a fair price was the criteria, we're looking to spend as much time in the water as possible. I found a room at a Days Inn not far from Key Dives for $167/night, given other prices I saw in that area for that period (the week between Christmas and New Year) it seemed like a fair price. The reviews I found were mostly positive.

I guess we'll find out.

ZoomButt.gif
ZoomButt.gif

Stay in Homestead, make the short 30 mile drive each way-- that's what we do.

I spent a week there 6 or 7 Decembers ago. It was a basic hotel room that was clean, safe and convenient to Key Dives. At the time, I spent a lot less than $ 167 a night though. I recall weather cancelled a couple of dives days. Have a great trip and post a report when you get back.

Yeah, the weeks before or after the holiday week are quite a bit cheaper.

I always rent from VRBO. Per night it usually is cheaper than the nice hotels and I travel with my two little dogs so it's nice to be in a house.

And I always dive with Conch Republic Divers.:goingdown:

If you are referring to the dive shop by mm80(bud and marys marina) than the hamptons inn and suites would be very convenient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom