Key Largo Dive & Stay Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brettp2004

Registered
Reaction score
We were in Key Largo last weekend, Nov 26 & 27. We stayed at the Hungry Pelican, it was a decent place that is decently priced.
We were booked to stay in one of the waterfront "suites" however there was a plumbing problem with that room so they gave us a
comparable room for a great price. Both rooms we got were pretty clean. There were some dead ants on the kitchen counter that
were left there but not that big of deal. Ants are a good source of protein :wink: They had canoes and kayaks that were free to use which
was nice. We had a two-tank trip Saturday afternoon and a night dive Saturday night scheduled with Silent World dive center, however
the winds were pretty strong and made for 6-10ft waves so they got cancelled. The afternoon trip was our decision, they said they
would go out if we really wanted to, but we had two inexperienced divers with us and didn't think it was good idea. That dive was also
going to be on a six pack boat, so only our party was going out which was a big plus for that dive shop. Sunday morning I went on their
larger boat and did a double dive on Spiegel Grove. The dives were amazing but the surface interval was terrible for me. I got a little sick
from the 6-10ft waves. Bottom line- Hungry Pelican was a decent place to stay for a very decent price. The Silent World dive center
went out of their way to accommodate us, even though the weather had other plans, and ran a very smooth operation. We had a great
time!

Glad you had a good time,the wind has been something else for at least the last month

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom