Best Dive Charters in boca raton/Lake Worth Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bj32482

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My buddy and I are traveling to Fl. during the first week on June, what scuba dive businesses are best in that area. Last year we went to key largo and used rainbow reef and they were pretty good. We would like to get in as many dives as possible as we are from KY and only get one real dive trip per year. Cost will determine how many dives we can go on, so it would be nice to get some kind of package. I hate being nickel and dimed on tank fees and etc. We have all of our own gear sans tanks. We would also prefer to have a guide if possible.
Thanks for the help,
BJ Hayden

Underwater Explorers is in Boynton Beach and the owner is a SB member that is highly thought of by local divers: https://securec7.ezhostingserver.com/diveboyntonbeach-com/indexs.cfm

There are a lot of ops in WPB area as well, here's a few I've used in the past:

Jim Abernathy Scuba Diving Palm Beach, Florida :: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures
The Scuba Club (this op is particularly good with newer divers since they send several dive guides into the water: Welcome to The Scuba Club, America's Only Country Club For Scuba Divers in West Palm Beach, FL
Walkers: Scuba Diving in the Palm Beach area - Walkers Dive Charters

All of the above will put at least one dive guide in the water. Keep in mind that most of the diving in Boynton and WPB is drift diving: if your profile is accurate (less than 25 dives), you are wise to seek an op that sends down a guide.

We have increased our dive number, but I would still enjoy a guide. I sent those places an email asking about package rates...hopefully we can get a good deal.

My buddy and I are traveling to Fl. during the first week on June, what scuba dive businesses are best in that area. Last year we went to key largo and used rainbow reef and they were pretty good. We would like to get in as many dives as possible as we are from KY and only get one real dive trip per year. Cost will determine how many dives we can go on, so it would be nice to get some kind of package. I hate being nickel and dimed on tank fees and etc. We have all of our own gear sans tanks. We would also prefer to have a guide if possible.
Thanks for the help,
BJ Hayden
I agree except for the rec for Scuba club....they were long known for taking people out to do only one dive, which is ridiculous in my book, and they are an operation still riding on the reputation of Norine Rouse, who has been gone for more than a decade.
Try this for the best operators in Palm Beach.... South Florida Dive Journal > Find a Dive Boat

For Boynton my rec is also Underwater Explorers. 6 pack boat and usually the owner himself is the dive guide.

For West Palm, my ops of choice are:

Jim Abernethy Scuba Adventures
Pura Vida Divers on Singer Island

You can also go out of Jupiter, where Scuba Works/Blue Tang runs a great charter operation. They usually put a guide/Dive master in the water carrying a bouy so you can drift along with him and have an easy ascent.

These are the ones I have quite a few trips with. I have heard good things about Walkers Dive Charters a well but have not been out with them.

Dan Volker's very well done site, above, has lots of information about area diving, along with links to hotels and most of these dive operations, and maybe you can get good rates especially on hotels by using his site.

My buddy and I are traveling to Fl. during the first week on June, what scuba dive businesses are best in that area. Last year we went to key largo and used rainbow reef and they were pretty good. We would like to get in as many dives as possible as we are from KY and only get one real dive trip per year. Cost will determine how many dives we can go on, so it would be nice to get some kind of package. I hate being nickel and dimed on tank fees and etc. We have all of our own gear sans tanks. We would also prefer to have a guide if possible. Thanks for the help, BJ Hayden
The dive boats that go out of Boca and Boynton make it very easy for you. There are quite a few operators and they are all very accommodating. You can literally drift dive for miles all the way to Boynton Beach on fantastic reefs in 50-65 fsw. There are deeper reefs but IMO not as scenic and just makes for shorter bottom time and longer intervals. There are shallow wrecks off Boca, Boynton, and Deerfield Beach too. There are shallower dive spots on beautiful reefs in 30-40 feet. I really don't think you need a guide. You will get dropped on the reef and from there just drift and along and enjoy. Just don't lose your flag and the boat will pick you up when you surface. Bring a little thwacker and there's a good chance you can bag a lion fish (with a license of course).

I agree except for the rec for Scuba club....they were long known for taking people out to do only one dive, which is ridiculous in my book, and they are an operation still riding on the reputation of Norine Rouse, who has been gone for more than a decade.
Try this for the best operators in Palm Beach.... South Florida Dive Journal > Find a Dive Boat

SC does do a lot of single tank dives which is the main reason I don't dive with them much anymore: though some people seem to like that sort of thing since their boats can be crowded on Saturdays. However, if I can get off of work on a Friday afternoon, I've been out with them and had great experiences on their two tank dives. For a while, they were about the only game in town for Friday afternoon, though JDC now does afternoon dives on Friday in the later spring, summer and early fall.

Based on my observations with other ops, dive guides at SC do one of the best jobs of keeping watch over newer divers as well and given the profile of BJ with less than 25 dives, I thought the op would be a good option if they decide they don't want to go out with Underwater Explorers

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom