Reattach Shutter Release Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mymuss

New
Reaction score
Hey Ikelite Staff and Ikelite users,

I have a small problem with my Canon 550D housing, so I was trying to perform a regular maintenance as recommended on Ikelite website, specifically I soaked the housing in a soapy solution and tried to operate all knobs, and controls and somehow the shutter release knob spring came loose. I cannot figure out how to reattach it, so before I break anything I wanted to ask if this is something I can fix myself, or perhaps other Ikelite owners had similar problem?

Thanks!
Andrew

Andrew,

On Ikelite DSLR housings like yours, the shutter spring is designed to work when the camera is installed. The camera shutter button acts as a "stop", not allowing the shutter arm to rotate too far and damage the shutter spring. The housing shutter lever should never be rotated until after the camera has been installed.

A shutter spring can usually be reattached if it is not bent too far of it's normal shape. Since there are many different shutter configurations, I recommend that you email me directly with a close-up photo of your shutter control and spring from inside the housing. I can then better advise you on the best course of action. My Email: brett@ikelite.com

Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom