Help on Single tank for a dive rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Roy Brevoort

Registered
Reaction score
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I recently picked up a Dive Rite TrekWing and backplate. i mainly have used jacket style bcd's but i wasent a fan of puffy sides so i picked this up. i want to use it with a single tank. do i need one of the single tank adapters or can i just attach the cam straps to the back plate? all help is appreciated.

WHAT HARNESS ARE YOU USING OR IS IT A trans psc? ihave no adaptor on my transpac

I recently picked up a Dive Rite TrekWing and backplate. i mainly have used jacket style bcd's but i wasent a fan of puffy sides so i picked this up. i want to use it with a single tank. do i need one of the single tank adapters or can i just attach the cam straps to the back plate? all help is appreciated.

I have a Trek wing and first dove it without the STA. The tank tended to shift to one side without the STA so I now use the STA.

The Trek wing seems rather large for single tank diving. It might end up taco-ing.

The Trek wing seems rather large for single tank diving. It might end up taco-ing.
I thought about that and i used paracord to secure the inside edge of the bladder to the plate, with enough room for a little stretch during inflation/deflation.

PICT0060.jpgPICT0061.jpg

THE WG AND PLATE IS WHAT I CALLED THE HARNES. oops sorry for the caps. the trans pac and a back plate is not the same thing. the trans pack is a half way house between the bp/w and a jacket. i like the trans pack and it works ok, dont get me wrong. it is junt not the sme as a bp/w. so remedies may be different. So if you have a BACK PLATE you will probably need the STA, The trans pac does not need one.

THE WG AND PLATE IS WHAT I CALLED THE HARNES. oops sorry for the caps. the trans pac and a back plate is not the same thing. the trans pack is a half way house between the bp/w and a jacket. i like the trans pack and it works ok, dont get me wrong. it is junt not the sme as a bp/w. so remedies may be different. So if you have a BACK PLATE you will probably need the STA, The trans pac does not need one.

Thanks for the input I've got an STA on order right now

when i got my transpac, i gfigured the more wing i got the better. boy was i wrong. i got the 50# REC wing. my trim was not very consistant using the bungy's . i found out the hard way that without the bungies the wing wraps around the tank kike hot dog bun. That kept the air onthe edge of the bun where the tank is exposed. air can move easily because of no bungy restrictions, and yet the air is restrained because of the wing wrapped around the tank. maintaining trim is uch easier. i would think that if anything you would tie teh wing around the tank like stitching the bun shut.

I thought about that and i used paracord to secure the inside edge of the bladder to the plate, with enough room for a little stretch during inflation/deflation.

View attachment 110008View attachment 110010

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom