Housing For Nikon D3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dantfarley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
Need your help members, I am looking for a housing unit for my D3000. I will be diving as deep as 150ft with this camera and want to keep it safe. However I dont have $1200 for the housing that I have seen online or Ebay, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks you in Advance

Dan

You're screwed. Sorry to say, but decent housings are going to cost a good amount. The cheapest option was (it's no longer even made) from Ikelite. I believe they wanted $1400. You can try looking for a used one; might save you several hundred dollars.

Best of luck!

Used would diffently be the option I am looking for, my hopes are to find a seller here on SB that can sell me one
Thanks again for your reply

You're still going to need a port (or several), arms, clamps, strobes, sync cords, etc. That said, drop a WTB thread here and over on Wetpixel. Never know, you may get lucky! :)

With your limited budget, you might be flogging a dead horse. Your choice of camera is not good. Your camera requires a lens with AFS capabilities. The D7000 and D90 both have focus motors that allow them to work with AF lenses. Many of the AF lenses are more suitable for diving.

The least expensive housing I know is the Ikelite housing and it is around $1500 new. Most of the other housings are twice the price of the Ikelite housing. Once you have the housing, you have to buy ports for the lenses. Then you really should have strobes and other gear. It adds up really quickly.

At your price, you could pick up an S95 with housings and strobes and the package should do a good job for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom