Transpac question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very little. All I can really tell in mine is that the transpac II has two loops to hold the backpad on while the current one uses velcro. I prefer the tec pads on the transpac II actually, and subsequently don't use the one on my nomad unless I'm diving doubles *keeps the wing nuts out of my back.
The recently made the shoulder plates smaller on the waist strap, but that's an update to the current one not the transpac II. There is some difference in the shoulder pads themselves, something to do with them being sewn into the backplate or something, I'm having surgery on my hands this morning so will have to report back later. Kathleen may pop in and answer though

Hi,

The TransPac II can do the same things as the TransPac, it is simply an older model that was discontinued about eight years ago, if I remember correctly. Today's model has shorter hip pads, which works better for especially thin or petite individuals, our lumbar pad is different shaped/material and the overall sewing/construction is different today so the two are not interchangeable.

I hope that helps. If you have a specific feature or question about deciding on one or the other, please let me know.

Thanks for posting,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom