Anyone ever fitted a dry-suit dump valve on an OMS BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A34735

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Folks,

I'm customizing an OMS Tacops BC, am replacing the left shoulder oral inflator with a second dump valve.

What I want to do is fit a dry-suit dump valve onto the existing fitting....

Anyone got any experience along these lines?

Thanks in advance,

Nigel

I used a drysuit dump valve on an old wing I had lying around. What I like about drysuit dumps is you can set them to autodump, they are adjustable.
You will have to train properly and make sure you communicate about your modifications with your buddy - they will need to know that if they need to inflate your wing that you set to auto-dump beyond a certain threthshold, they will need to close it all the way first.

Some drysuit dumps will not safety dump in case of over-pressure when fully closed. Try it out to know how yours behaves.

And one last thing -remember that with an auto-dump valve you will not have the main advantage of the standard BCD valves/dumps- being able to establish buoyancy in one move, by pressing the inflate button. You might have to do the CLOSE DUMP operation first.
Are you ready for that? Can you trust your buddy to remember that in case of an emergency? Can you trust yourself? Consider your risks vs advantages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom