Looking for fun/distinct dive location between St Louis & NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PittCaleb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Planning a big late spring road trip from the east coast to the mid-west.

The first half of the trip is easy:

Sandusky, OH - Lake Erie - 1 day
Gilboa, Toledo, OH - 1 day
Bonne Terre, MO - 2 days

But then is the hard part. It's a LONG drive home from MO to the NYC Metro area. Want to stop somewhere, preferably half-way'ish, to dive something distinct from the everyday. 18 hours is a long days driving. Want to drive 7-10, dive the next day, then drive the rest on the 3rd day. Willing to go even a bit out of the way if necessary. Couple of different routes we can easily take too. Thoughts?

Scuba - Bonne Terre, MO to Scotch Plains, NJ - Google Maps - Mozilla Firefox 12142011 22320 PM.jpg

Caleb

I'm not personally familiar with any of the diving in that part of the country, but if I were to make such a trip I would consider calling or e-mailing a few of the dive shops along my route in the general area that I might be stopping for recommendations.

PADI has a useful online dive shop locator tool at:

Find a dive shop, scuba diving shop, dive resort or scuba dive shop

Thanks Necklinsberg, however Dutch is my home base, an hour from home actually. Probably half my dives have been at dutch after becoming certified there. As you guessed, looking for something mid-point on the trip home. Good catch though. Where from in Western PA. Beaver Falls myself, Pitt grad...

PittCaleb

Back
Top Bottom