Strap for power inflator hose to stay on left shoulder harness webbing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got a DSS bp/w and used it on a boat dive few days ago, great rig, feels very different and much better compared to the jacket bcs i used before. But one problem i found with it was losing the power inflator as with the jacket bcs they were strapped to the left shoulder pad.
i couldnt find any velcro strap to buy. any thoughts or solutions?

I use a loop of bungie, loosely sized, on mine.

Bungee loop and slide stay will work as Vladimir suggests. Dive Rite makes a velcro version that is used on their Transpac but can be purchased separately. This will have a DiveRite logo but serves the purpose well.

I think they mean, put a loop of elastic bungi on the shoulder strap to retain the hose from flopping around too much or getting behind you.

Did your DSS rig come with some black, rubber "bands" that are around 3/4" wide and 2" in diameter? I also have a DSS rig and it came with a few of those bands (but I think they may just be bands cut from a bicycle innertube, if you don't have them). I have one on the left shoulder webbing above the D-ring (I think the assembly instructions may have suggested where I place them?), and I run the LP inflator hose under that band before connecting it to the corrugated hose. That keeps it in place and yet allows me to raise it high enough to dump air, when I want to (so the corrugated hose does not go under the band; just the LP hose).

I've seen other people make a loop of bungie and assemble it in with the left shoulder D-ring (so the back of the loop goes through the same metal plate that holds the D-ring in place).

Pardon the cluttered photo, but I've pointed out the band - it came with the DSS rig:

bpw.jpg

a picture says a thousand words...

George Irvine pics.jpg
George Irvine pic.
Note how the loop is trapped in the shoulder strap by the SS belt slide (a.k.a. weight keeper). This prevents the shock cord from shifting about. However the LP inflator hose can slide in & out of the loop fairly easily.

I wouldn't recommend any Velcro strap as that will wear out over time. The bungee loop is quick and easily replaced. And you can use your extra bungee cord for many things. I have had the same loop on my BP/W rig from the beginning.

Enjoy diving

I do exactly what MRTDiver has done, but I use a slightly thinner bungie (about 1/8") that I buy at REI.

i use a pink wrist sweatband with a skull on it. the skull has a bow on her head. i love it & it got me a lovely boyfriend, so use at your own risk.

so where do i get a bungee cord from lol
my dss rig came with those inner tubing things, but i think its to stop chafing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom