Which BCD for my fiance - Zeagle or Sherwood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ecadwallader

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

So i ended up picking up an older Zeagle concept 1 with new power inflator for next to nothing. It is in great condition. My fiance is currently diving with a Sherwood Solaris. The intent was to swap her over to the Zeagle, as i have become very fond of mine. Both fit, and are in great condition. The sherwood has all stainless d-rings, where the zeagles are plastic

Which BCD would be better, the Sherwood Solaris, or the Zeagle Concept?

both fit very well, she has not dove the concept yet, just the solaris

Have her dive the Concept and decide for herself. Both BCs will do the job well. At the end of the day, it isn't about brand, it's about fit and comfort.

Which ever one she likes the best, reguardless of the reason.... it looks great on her and is def the best choice....trust me, after 30+ years of marriage I can promise you it is the best one...unless that is, you never want to hear the end of why the other one was better and she should have gotten it. :)

We need to know what type of diving you'll be doing. The Concept is definitely better geared for cold water diving as it provides greater buoyancy. You shouldn't compromise on features or fit. There are so many BCDs on the market these days, that surely one model will fit and give you what you need for your diving.

Bought a Zeagle Concept in 1997 and served me well for over ten years and several hundred dives. It hardly faded and NEVER had any problems. I did find that adding the optional lumbar support rectified the stability issues that I initially had with the BCD. It inflates quickly and provides good attitude control. It's shoulder dump could work a bit better, as I found it a bit slow for my taste. Never used the Solaris but I did use an Aeris 5 Oceans, which is nearly identical in shape/construction. Valve operation were top notch. Weight pockets, when loaded, prevent the waist strap from closely contouring your waist line (was using 12lbs of soft weight with a 7mm one piece full suit). This will leave a large gap between the center buckle and the center of your waist. I found the shoulder straps a tad too short. I think it's better geared for warm water diving, where you use a very small amount of weight.

I agree with DM and Herman,
Zeagle makes a very good BC, but they are not for everyone. Let her make the decision.

Back
Top Bottom