Apex Tek3 set-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga68 - you are a true friend and I appreciate it.............best price yet New!!! Although I wouldn't mind looking around more for a member selling one at a cheaper cost

Thank you

Your post uses the word "set-up," which led me to believe that you wanted advice on positioning hoses, etc. From what follows it looks like you are just interested in looking for a good used set. If you are indeed looking for hose routing suggestions, I do have some.

Not sure that there's much to be said about the hose routing with Tek3s except maybe which side you run your LP inflator off? Usually routing would be like the below, but you have less choices on the positioning

I wouldn't mind looking around more for a member selling one at a cheaper cost

There was an as-new second hand set sold on here last week... I don't know what they went for but the last asking price was USD750. For that price I'd rather buy a new set

Attachments

• reg_routing.jpg
    reg_routing.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 922
Not sure that there's much to be said about the hose routing with Tek3s except maybe which side you run your LP inflator off? Usually routing would be like the below, but you have less choices on the positioning
My suggestions would have had to do with reality, rather than the fantasy of those diagrams--or do you think the hoses come off at the angles shown on those diagrams?

OK, with more thought I am not talking about routing in the strict sense of the term.

The ports point straight down, but there is nothing in your equipment that is straight down. That means there will be some sharp bends as the hoses are turned toward their proper destinations. If you make the mistake of leaving the hose protectors on, the bend will be at least 90°, putting a lot of strain on the hoses. You will have to learn to position things so that the turns are as gentle as possible, or else you will be replacing hoses regularly.

Are you looking at the Tek3 because it is a packaged set?
You may want to check with your Apex dealer and look at the new Apex Sidemount packaged set.
It uses the XTX 50 with 5 port swivel turret
Has the 83" and 24" hoses like the Tek3
Includes a 90° elbow fitting
Necklace
SS bolt snap
2-brass pressure guages
I think there are some other items but can not recall at the moment.

I think he's looking at backmount

My suggestions would have had to do with reality, rather than the fantasy of those diagrams--or do you think the hoses come off at the angles shown on those diagrams?

I don't think there's any need to get snarky, especially considering that the thread isn't even about hose routing, and that up to this point you hadn't even made any suggestions

The diagram indicates the positioning of the hoses ie which port and which post they attach to. If it was intended to show routing/angles, it would show the full length of the hose

"Don't use hose protectors" isn't exactly secret information that only applies to Tek3s - but thanks for eventually sharing your insight with us

Here's 2 of my sets of doubles... no hose protectors & no problems:IMG_2235.jpgIMG_4012.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom