apeks wtx harness...surelock pouches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
anyone using them? how do you like them? they seem to add bulk to me.

If you need serious amounts of weight they are great. I use steel tanks with no weights, first thing I removed. As an actual weight pouch you can't beat them. I also felt they stuck out a little too much. The WTX systems are used by several of my friends and all like the options available.

Not a fan, they are too bulky for me

Got 'em and like them. For cold water diving, I can get 8 pounds in each and with a steel plate do not need any other weight. Never had one release on it's own in 100+ dives. Any weight integrated pocket will be bulkier than a weight belt.

thanks guys...tropical diving here (65 at the coldest, i'd estimate) so i think will pass on the sure lock pouches.

one more BP/W noob question...can i use tank bands from a regular BC or do i NEED to buy the apeks ones that bolt in?

I've used two different styles on my WTX. Easy to install and depending on your BC should be easy to change out. Be sure and use 2.

i mistakenly posted WTX harness, i actually have the deluxe one piece web harness w/BP....how long would you say it takes the harness/webbing to lose that rigidity? does it make it easier to adjust once it is "broken in?" thanks....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom