To BP/Wing users ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the best way to attach your inflator hose (from your Wing) to your shoulder strap so that it stays there and can also be raised up above your head when needed? Elastic cord? Retractor? Release clip?

Let me know what has worked best in your experience.

Thanks -

Haha I just made a thread two days ago asking same question. I use a dss bpw with hog harness. It comes with tubing on the strap that you can run the lp Hose through. Some people use bungee cable too. But I bought a Velcro strap for the harness. Check my recent threads for more

Two methods:

Bicycle inner tube section ABOVE left shoulder D-ring; and/or

Bungee cord loop (about the size of a D-ring) threaded behind the webbing going through the left shoulder D- ring.

In either (or both) caes(s), you run the inflator hose through the loop and then attach to the inflator. The corrugated hose is held in place by the inflator hose and it doesn't go through either loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You put a piece of bungee cord thru the same loop in the webbing as the left chest d ring. Then run the lp inflator hose from the reg to the inflator thru that. It holds the inflator down but allows it to be raised easily. The use of a rubber band on the shoulder is closer to the plate and only aids in routing the hose and keeping it on the shoulder. The bungee rides along the hose and allows you to raise it. The inflator itself and the corrugated hose are never trapped under it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I use a 2" wide piece of Velcro about 3-4" long....I use the same piece to keep my regulator/hoses together [in a circle] when they're packed away.....I find it easier to wrap the Velcro around the corrugated hose, inflator hose and shoulder strap than threading hoses thru a permanent piece of tubing or bungee cord....It can be adjusted as loose/tight as you need......But there are several different methods and it comes down to personal preference......

Bungee cord loop (about the size of a D-ring) threaded behind the webbing going through the left shoulder D- ring.

In either (or both) caes(s), you run the inflator hose through the loop and then attach to the inflator. The corrugated hose is held in place by the inflator hose and it doesn't go through either loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I do it

I don't attach it. Match a proper length hose with the proper length corrugated inflator hose and it should more or less just stay in place.

Interesting. In my very limited experience (consider the size of the worldwide pool of divers diving BP/W) I have never seen this. Not true, I have seen it twice (once was me) and the hose did nothing even close to resembling "and it should more or less just stay in place". You are saying that your inflator hose connects to the wing only at the threaded connection and nowhere does it attached or tie off to your harness?

Halcyon uses a thick O-ring just the right sized attached to the D-ring

Interesting. In my very limited experience (consider the size of the worldwide pool of divers diving BP/W) I have never seen this. Not true, I have seen it twice (once was me) and the hose did nothing even close to resembling "and it should more or less just stay in place". You are saying that your inflator hose connects to the wing only at the threaded connection and nowhere does it attached or tie off to your harness?

Thats the same way I've always done mine and have not had any problems with it in 6-7 yrs of diving bp/w , I didn't know there was another method used, guess I'll have to take a closer look at other peoples set up next time I'm on the boat!

Back
Top Bottom