Silent World My Passport To Great Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uboat/awd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Silent World is one of the best dive shops in my 40 years of diving that I have ever known. Five years ago a group of us from Fort Pierce drove down to the Keys to dive the Spiegel Grove and the original dive shop that we booked the trip with would not let me use my double 80s. When booking the trip I specifically told the shop that I dive with doubles and over the phone I was told that it was ok. We got our money back and drove to the next shop which was Silent World. Chris was able without advanced notice to take us to the Spiegel Grove. His boat with the open transom is easy to board, the metal benches easily accomodates singles or doubles. In the 5 years of diving with Silent World I have never been disapointed and the staff goes out of their way to be freindly and accomodating.

Silent World is one of the best dive shops in my 40 years of diving... Silent World I have never been disapointed and the staff goes out of their way to be freindly and accomodating.

You are so right.... and now hear that for a limited time they are giving away Brand New 2012 Ford F 150's Crew Cab with every purchase...........................

It's not unusual for fans to start their own threads when they see that their fav dive op has been slimed by others in another thread. To be sure, I checked the OP to be sure that they are who they say they are. They passed with flying colors! Any smart dive op should encourage their fans to post their positive experiences here. Please don't castigate them for their loyalty. No shop is perfect, but I would rather hear about who have had great success with a dive op, than the ones who have an agenda to hurt them. We need more positive stuff on the internet as it is, so Kudos to Uboat/awd for starting this thread.

Why not a seperate forum for just such a thing as this?

Silent World is one of the best dive shops in my 40 years of diving that I have ever known. Five years ago a group of us from Fort Pierce drove down to the Keys to dive the Spiegel Grove and the original dive shop that we booked the trip with would not let me use my double 80s. When booking the trip I specifically told the shop that I dive with doubles and over the phone I was told that it was ok. We got our money back and drove to the next shop which was Silent World. Chris was able without advanced notice to take us to the Spiegel Grove. His boat with the open transom is easy to board, the metal benches easily accomodates singles or doubles. In the 5 years of diving with Silent World I have never been disapointed and the staff goes out of their way to be freindly and accomodating.

I have dived with SW at least a dozen times in the past two years and have never been disappointed either. In fact, I take great comfort in the meticulous manner in which they fill cylinders and operate their boats. Safety always comes first is the impression I come away with....

Why not a seperate forum for just such a thing as this?
We have it! It's called the Conch Forum! :D

You are so right.... and now hear that for a limited time they are giving away Brand New 2012 Ford F 150's Crew Cab with every purchase...........................

You are an a$$4013 (sorry, dyslexia)! Next time you write such stuff please, p l e a s e , include a warning.
(BTW, one of the great posts from recent past. - THANKS!)

King cab actually.... But you missed it! It finished at 12.00pm today.

Thanks Uboat for your kind words. It's great to see that we can keep the old Atlantic wreck divers / Doria veterans happy- even if we dive with our new fangled rebreathers!

Chris, a truck would be nice but maybe you should do something like my LDS tried to do.

While in a competing shop across town (our shops actually work together and it's common for one to send good customers to the other shop) the owner of the LDS I DM for ask the other owner if he could buy some $10 gift certificates. Puzzled, the other LDS owner ask why. So I can staple them to a map of your shop and give the to the customers I just can't make happy replied our LDS owner... He didn’t get the gift certificates.

Every shop messes up from time to time and on the other side there are customers you just can not make happy, regardless of what you do. I hope anyone reading negative comments about any shop/dive op/resort take that into consideration and that happy customers rarely rave about great service, truly wronged customers rarely complain if the problem is handled well and it's the impossible customers who are most likely to go out of their way to make sure everyone knows how they feel.

I have dove with SW on several occasions and will again. With the exception of 1 captain (Bob ??- older captain) I have never had any issues at all.... he likes to razz me about my double hose reg.....all in good fun and I look forward to being back on his boat.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom