Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burner16

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in the Ventura county area the 27th-30th and was looking at getting some diving in over that time period. Any good sites to check out and would there be anyone willing to show them to me?

Ventura County does not have many shore dive sites. Deer Creek is one, a little further south just inside LA County is Leo Carillo. Viz this time of year is iffy. What Ventura does have to offer is some of the best boat diving in California, what with the Channel Islands being just off shore and all. Spectre, Peace, and Raptor out of Ventura Harbor...Sunfish out of Channel Islands Harbor (Oxnard)
Diving Scuba Vacation, Channel Islands, California
Peace Dive Boat
Welcome to the Raptor Dive Charters Website located in Ventura Harbor, California
Sunfish Dive Boat Charters | Channel Islands Harbor, Ventura, California

Bring your dry suit.

PS: weather is supposed to be decent next week....temps into the upper 70s, but windy so make sure you check that the boats are going out.

If you are new to California Diving I recommend a boat trip. The Spectre sometimes does half day trips. Check around, this is a busy holiday season and not all boats run midweek.

The Swell model is current through the 28th. It shows 3 foot swell at Deer Creek on the 27th which is rough. The 28th is two foot which is fair for this site. I would not attempt a beach dive at Deer Creek without a buddy, experience with kelp and beach experience.

The Spectre is going to be out of the water till 1-7 so I reccommend the Peace boat. If you want to go down south a little the Magician is a good boat also.

John

Burner16 and I had a great dive at Leo Carrillo. Enjoy the rest of your time in California!

Thank you all for your input and help in regards to dive locations. I had a great dive with my cousin down in Shaw's Cove on the 27th and on the 28th I met up with surfinusa555 and had one of my best California water dives at Leo Carrillo. Thank you all and I look forward to coming back to California water sometime in the near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom