Pre Xmas Deep Air Dive 252' cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
As the sun rose I decided on a rather Deep dive, the deck was Iced over and I have not had a bite to eat in 4 days this being the 5th and no beers or drinks in 8 days, I know I am hydrated cause I only have water for the most part.

The descion was made the night before when there was a cool moon out about an 1/8 and when I looked it was right over my dive site.

I descended to see my sea buddy's as the buddy that I have been diving with lately has went away for holiday. After the morning greets I descended to 252' it was a bit chilly as I dove wet so to burn more calories, with the sun gleaming it did not get totally dark looking up till past 211', well I did not look up past that depth as narcosis was setting in pretty good. Around 240' narcosis leveled off and I then seen an out cropping and went over it and found a cave at 252', at this point I had no cave line but quickly decided to just use the air bubbles running on the ceiling of the cave, at the entrance was rockfish then there was spot shrimp up the ASS(more like prawns). When I looked at air consumption I was depleting it past my turn time and counted to 15 that was a looooong 15 then backed out and I knew that this is going to be hard to find again and started looking at the topography on the way up which is different than going down. I ascended quickly to 110' then slowly made it to first stop of 30' I had just enough air to finish deco I calculated and Myself knew that I can calm very quickly to where within 2 mins I was gaining time Immensely, and had plenty to finish dive, the shallows were much warmer but still cold enough. I finished with 850 psi, once on boat sun was very warm it was like a tropical dive yet it was 39 on the surface and the sun felt like 70.

Now I know that It is just a cavern and I wanted so it to be a den for a 100' GPO, but never went all the way in, maybe 10', this dive site has more than a 1000 holes in it that are only big enough for sea creatures, its what is at the bottom in the whole that really excites me. Lately down very Deep I have seen huge ling and they are so use to me they let my speargun get within inches with the gopro at the very end of it, it and a light next to that.

I am at a 18# loss right now and will eat tomorrow and probably gain 5# back. I'm having Tea right now and I brought it with me yesterday and it is very good after a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom