Calm seas and great dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reck Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Dove today, one tank off Deerfield one off Boca.... water temp 76 on the bottom. After the initial jolt, very comfortable in a 3 mm. wet suit. Great vis, lots of critters big and small. Zero current. Took all of two dives to limit on "just legal" bugs. Seas were a gentle 1-2 feet. Going again tomorrow!

Any one remember the weather / water temp last year at this time?

Conditions were also beautiful in Jupiter yesterday (Friday): near flat calm on the surface and great viz at depth. We dove Mike's Reef and Spadefish Point with Jupiter Dive Center. Viz was 80+ on Mike's Reef and about 60 on Spadefish. Temps were in the mid 70's at about 90 feet on Mike's and 85 feet on Spadefish: I wore a 7MM and a do-rag and was completely comfortable on both dives (approximate dive times were 55 minutes, including saftey stop, on each site). Current was also very light which is the way I like it. Saw plethora of reef sharks at both sites, probably a dozen turtles between the the two reefs and maybe a dozen goliath grouper: on Spadefish Reef, a 'school' of 6 GG's just gently swam around and eyed us as we gently drifted by. Lots of eels, spotted and green morays, flamingo tongues, tropicals, spadefish (as you'd expect) and unfortunately, many lionfish. One of the lobster hunters came up with 5 and others had 2-4 in their bags.

It was a great day to be out on (and under) the water: gotta love SE Florida!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom