anybody using the Nikon P7000 in a Fantasea housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASA400

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for comments on a p7000 in a fantasea housing. It looks like a great way to get into a housed camera for a cheap price (right now, the housing and camera combined price is about $600). I realize that a housed DSLR would give me better photos, but at my age and accessibility to diving, it just doesn't make sense economically. I have used a Nikonos V in the past (the ancient past!) and still have the camera, lights and lenses, but the idea of being able to shoot more than 36 frames on a dive is very alluring.

I just bought this camera. Tested it on one dive and is quite pleased. I have no ekstra light or strobes, so I'm limited to working my other lights.
Here is Harry the slug. Taken at Gylte in the Oslofjord. Light is internal flash, and a UK C4 eLed. Temp about 3*celcius.
Harry the slug.jpg

Put a small set-up together this last summer and love it. YS-01 strobe and Light&Motion SOLA 500 video light. Works great for me. I'll post some shots and video later if you like.

Imla, nice photo, how many meters down were you?

Butch, I would love to see your stills and video if you have time, when you get them up, post on this thread.

Jerry

This was taken at the safetystop at 5meters. We were diving next to a local divecentre, and they have platforms at 5m. Taken around 1900pm, which obviously gives that it was a nightdive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom