Ikelite Substrobe DS161 Package w/ TTL Cord and manual EV controller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glee719

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased this strobe on August 1, 2011 from Dolphin Scuba. It went on exactly 1 liveaboard in SoCal (3 days). It was my first time diving with a full DSLR setup (Nikon D700) and I got so tired of it I decided not to do it ever again. I already got rid of my D700 setup, and was keeping this strobe to see if I can use it elsewhere. I settled on the Olympus m4/3 housing with Inon Z-240, so this strobe is now up for sale too.

This package is the one Ikelite Substrobe DS161 Package w/ TTL Cord, Ball Joint I am not sure why the URL text says DS160 but it's the DS161.

I also have an Ikelite manual EV controller ($150 item) I will throw in the package as well. The DS161 comes with box and paperwork.

Asking $1000.

Sorry I had forgotten about this thing in the garage. Yes it's available.

No longer available here, I will sell on eBay. Thanks.

Can you let us know when it will be posted and a link to it? I am also interested.

Just don't ask too many questions...ie. how much he would accept for it including shipping, don't ask him the serial number either. I asked these questions and all of a sudden he says it's too much and he doesn't want to sell it and would rather do it on Ebay, I asked the questions because I don't want to get scammed. Started to smell that way when someone doesn't want to answer questions to me.

Oh that's mature. You said you have a trip coming up and I told you I have been busy. I said "If you have a trip coming up and you want something that's guaranteed to your satisfaction, I recommend you get a new one from your local dive shop and have them show you how to operate all the parts. You don't want to ruin a trip just because you don't know how these things work and you are guaranteed to get what you need, no less."

I put a link to the actual product I bought, and you were still asking whether it comes with arms and cord. I don't feel comfortable in selling it to you because you didn't seem to know what you were looking at. Is that what a scammer would recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom