Shocking and Interesting..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting. Hopefully it's the start of what might become common practice since we know how dependant humans are on many things that grow & are harvested from the oceans. Rather than just sinking an old ship maybe electrifying will speed up the artificial reef process or allow them into colder waters than normal.

This is an avenue for metal artist that can be beneficial to all the oceans, hope it takes off. seems it would attract sharks to for a dive.

If only you could tweak it, to selectively attract lionfish, and bug-zap the living fish crap out of 'em! :eyebrow:

I remember years ago someone was doing something like this to make structures under water. I mean they were making large culvert pipes. pretty neat stuff.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

A similar idea was tried here -- called Fishy Condos. A nice little reef had begun and it was well populated for its size. Then Wilma blew it all away.

Others might have heard of this before but this is the first for me.

View this short little video to see for yourself.

Underwater shocker - WWW.THEDAILY.COM

Do you think it really works ? If so it might help repair coral damaged after future hurricanes.

I can't begin to say how annoying some of us find it when someone posts a link to a video and says nothing about what it shows.

Videos generally annoy me. It's often the case that visuals don't add much at all to the information, meaning that written words could have conveyed everything of importance.

More importantly, there are people who can't see the videos who can still read text or have it read to them as well as browsers that don't support videos.

Why not add a little description of what the video shows?

I can't begin to say how annoying some of us find it when someone posts a link to a video and says nothing about what it shows.

Videos generally annoy me. It's often the case that visuals don't add much at all to the information, meaning that written words could have conveyed everything of importance.

More importantly, there are people who can't see the videos who can still read text or have it read to them as well as browsers that don't support videos.

Why not add a little description of what the video shows?

Did you even think before you wrote this..:shakehead:

Sorry you had to waste 1 minute and 13 seconds of your precious life.
Go bitch at someone else..
:dork2:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom