Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Eady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello

I will be down in Long Beach the 25th thru 29th of jan. Looking for some info or some group that might go diving on the 27th or 28th. Also what is the water temp this time of year ?.

Thanks
Steve

Hi -

The temps are anywhere between 50º to 55º - or somewhere around that.

Hello

I will be down in Long Beach the 25th thru 29th of jan. Looking for some info or some group that might go diving on the 27th or 28th. Also what is the water temp this time of year ?.

Thanks
Steve

Looking to do some boat diving? If so, then I'm game. I'll play the local tour guide.

Temps will be between 54f and 59f typically. Will you need to rent gear? What type of diving do you want to do? You can do boat dives (usually 3 dives) or go to the dive park and dive from there. Cost is about the same. Sundiver Express will probably run the 27th, 28th and 29th (Sundiver Express - Trip Schedule). Thew 2012 schedule is not up yet but you can call. The Catalina Express leaves from Long Beach to Avalon if you want to hit the dive park (Catalina Express // Daily Trips To Catalina Island).

More than likely Sundiver will go out. I recommend them highly and when in the area make sure I build in extra day for a dive.

OK thanks everyone, I will firm up my plans by next week and then maybe do some diving down there. Yes boat dives would be good.

Steve

Catalina express out of Long Beach and the sundiver express looks like the two best options.
Laguna Beach shore dives? Water temp last Saturday was 57, VIS varies from day to day.
Weather/sea conditions permitting I would like to do any of the above.

OK, looks like the friday the 27th will be good for me. Check out the boats going out and let me know.
Thanks
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom