Dive sites in San diego using a 18ft merc inflatable w/ 25hp honda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gotair?

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello Hello,

I will be spending 10 days in june near San diego / La Jolla. I am thinking about towing my 18ft inflatable to San Diego from Sacramento. I was hoping to get some advice from San Diego locals in regards to using an inflatable in that area. ( boat ramps/dive sites/air fills/safety concerns) I will be diving with my wife who is OW Certified as well. I would like to keep the dives around 70ft. What would be a good area to dive and if you have any safety tips for that area please post them as well. My wife has made around 45 dives and I have around 80.

Thank you for your time.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Chris

I do have a franko's dive map for San Diego to referance.

howdy Chris, San Diego is only a secondary dive area for me, so I don't have much advise....sorry. But you will get alot more responses if you re-post in their local forum here: SoCal
Also there are few San Diego sites that cater to the locals..... one great group has a sub-site here on this board...check out: Power Scuba and www.divebums.com are also another group of San Diego divers. Enjoy.
Oh, feel free to check out your local forum too...... NorCal :D

At one time you could beach launch a zodiac from the beach near Kelogg park in La Jolla Shores. From there it is a straight shot to the kelp beds off LaJolla Cove. If there is a place to launch near Ocean Beach you could hit the kelp bed near Pont Loma. Sorry I can;t be more specific, it has been a number of years. You may even be able to get to some of the vessels in wreck alley. that size zodiac and motor certainly give you the power and seaworthiness.

Back
Top Bottom